|Strand Book Store|
|Joseph Papp Public Theatre|
|Union Square Park|
|Washington Square Park|
|SUBWAY:||4 5 6 L N Q R|
|BUS:||M101 M102 M15 M5 M6 M7|
Union Square gets its name from its central attraction, the park where Broadway and Park Avenue intersect. In a few decades, the neighborhood has gone from humble to ultra-hip. With its concentration of lofts, cutting-edge restaurants and designer stores, it's no longer New York's best-kept secret. Union Square is also the intersection of many worlds. To the south is the East Village with its punk rock edginess, hip clubs and bars. To the west is the bohemian West Village and the lively neighborhood of Chelsea. To the north is the Flatiron district for more upscale nightclubbing.
- Union Square Park, between 14th and 17th Streets, has been refurbished with a new subway station, new plantings and a new statuary.
- The Union Square Green Market (one of the city's best) fills the park every Monday - Wednesday - Friday and Saturday with delicious, farm-fresh produce.
- The surrounding streets feature some of the city's hottest and most exclusive restaurants.
- The area is an educational epicenter, with NYU, New School for Social Research, Parsons School of Design and Benjamin Cardozo Law School.
- The famous Strand Bookstore is just south of the Park on Broadway, as are number of designer stores and the incredible City Bakery.
Union Square features the best mass transportation outside of Midtown. Seven subway lines converge at the Park, whisking travelers east, west, north or south. Move there, and you'll feel at the center of it all, just five minutes from Wall Street and five minutes from Midtown.
Shoppers love the many options of this area, from the discount stores on 14th Street to the elegant house wares of ABC Carpet. Night owls enjoy the endless choices of clubs and restaurants. You can rub elbows with the glamorous, the rich, the famous. It's a unique Manhattan meeting place where anything seems possibly, and probably is.
Quality living. Good value. Great locations.
Tour a Bettina apartment today.